Natural Zeolite For Agriculture
Zeolite has a high Cation Exchange Capacity (CEC) that enables a greater loading of plant nutrients such as nitrogen & micronutrients, contributing also to the improvement of fertilizer efficiency. Because of its high bonding capacity for ammonium, potassium and other ions, clinoptilolite is the one natural zeolite that is used mainly in agriculture.
Zeolite is has a wide range of benefits including:
1. Improve the efficiency and value of fertilizer for betterplant growth
2. Improves water based soil retention
3. Natural zeolite helps avoid fetilizer loss and reducenurtients loss in the soil
4. Improves water infiltration and retention
5. Improves long term soil quality
Zeolite can also be modified to make slow release fertilisers and can be used as support for herbicides, pesticides or micro-organisms which promote healthy plant growth.